Thursday 20 November 2014

The Ultimate Book tag

I was tagged by the wonderful Bella over at Bellas Bokblogg, thank you so much you lovely thing.

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes, I suffer from motion sickness so I pretty much can't do anything apart from watching the road when I'm in a car.

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I keep going on about Terry Pratchett, but he is my favourite for many reasons. His writing style is on of the reaons. He's got great language, humour and is overall very unique.

3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter hands down. I grew up reading HP and it's one of my favourite book-series still. The HP world is unique and magical (surprise surprise), something I didn't find in the Twilight Saga. I love the fact that you get to see the characters grow up and develop in HP, and Rowling definitely teaches the lesson that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. All books are amazingly well written and the plot has a red thread, that Twilight most definitely don't have. I could write you a 100 page essay on why Harry Potter is amazing, so I think I better stop right about now.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so. what is in it (besides books...)?
No I do not.

5. Do you smell your books?
Yes, especially when they are new. I love that new book smell, it's one of the great things about books.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Both. A book does not need illustrations but sometimes it's fun and adds a little extra to the book.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing?
Twilight.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not that I can remember,

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams which is 148 pages long (or short).


10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare which is 1099 pages long.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Nope. I had this dream when I was younger about becoming an author but I'm terrible at writing.

12. When did you get into reading?
I honestly can't remember. I have been reading since I was little. It probably started with picture books and then moved on from there.

13. What is your favourite classic book?
Haven't read that many classical books but Shakespeare is brilliant and Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austen is also really good, but overall none of the classics I've read have become a favourite. 

14. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated... what would you do?
I would say thank you but politely say that I've already read it and if it was possible to exchange it for another. If it wasn't possible I would still accept it. No need to hurt somebody's feelings.

15. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Belgariad by David Eddings. It's such a fantastic series and it's sad that very few people my age have read it.

16. What bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I have a bad habit of losing interest after a while and stop posting. At least with personal blogs. With this one I'm still interested and actually get a little sad when I'm not able to update it regularly. I also tend to abuse tags.

17. What is your favourite word?
Scheiße which is the german word for shit. I use it all the time when swearing.
18. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
A nerd, and damn proud of it!

19. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires. Because they are fascinating and there are so many different kind of stories about vampires out there.

20. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Please don't make me choose!!! Ahhhh!!! Well shapeshifters I suppose. Mostly because I really wan't to be one myself.

21.Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves because they are awesome. And wolves are fantastic animals.

22. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires. One of my biggest fears ist that Zombies will be real one day... and I still use the ZombiesRun app when I run... fail.

23. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Forbidden love. Love triangels are usually badly written and often don't seem relevant to the story. At least not in the books I've read.

24. Lastly: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Both can be great and it depends a little on what mood I'm in. But if I have to choose then it will be action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in.


I sadly enough don't follow enough book blogs at the moment so I can't really tag anyone. But hey, if you wan't to do it on your own blog please do it! And please feel free to comment, I really don't bite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment