Sunday 5 April 2015

Chocolate Book Tag

I was tagged by the fabulous TravellingInMyBookcase, thank you so much for tagging me :)
Chocolate and books huh? Somebody deserves an award for coming up with this idea! The idea is to compare your favourite books to types of chocolate. Let's see if this is possible, I might just get distracted with the idea of chocolate :P
Dark Chocolate – A book that covers a dark subject
IMG_1034
War is never fun and there are no winners, no matter what people say. The war in Iraq is one of the most discussed ones in our modern day and definitely a subject with many grey zones. Difficult to read, but so very good and so very important.
White Chocolate – Your favourite light hearted/humorous read
15733346
This was a book that had me chuckling from the get go. Don't think I stopped smiling when reading it to be honest. Miranda is one of my favourite comedians as well, which only makes it better.
Milk Chocolate – A book with a lot of hype that you are dying to read
24607189
This seems like a really good book, and it is very hyped on the websites I have frequented. Looking forward to read it for sure.
Chocolate with a Caramel Centre – A book that makes you feel all gooey in the middle when you read it
b7961-fangirl_coverdec2012
I literally squealed with happiness reading this book. Levi and Kath are amazing and Levi is the ultimate boyfriend type. I want two. It is just so fantastic and the reason for why I fell in love with Rainbow Rowell and her writings.
Wafer-Free Kit Kat – A book that surprised you lately
f7438-the-kite-runner
I had to read this book for uni and started it thinking I would hate it. I was proved wrong. It is a hauntingly beautiful and honest account of Afghanistan during the 70's (although not a biography). I shed a few tears, my heart hurt and I was left feeling compassion yet hope when I finished it. Such an important and amazing book that completely pulled the rug from under my feet.
Snickers – A book that you are going nuts about
25201274
I mean, I just finished it, but holy crap is this book good?! Fantastic book, fantastic author and I want more! Now!
Hot Chocolate with Cream and Marshmallows – A book you would turn to for a comfort read
IMG_0699
In all honesty, I would read anything Terry Pratchett when in need of comfort. But the witches are my favourites and this book was really good.
Tagging some bloggers then for Chocolate Book Tag:

Have you read any of these books? Did you like them? Are you a chocolate lover? Or do you not know what all the fuss is about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment