Thursday 29 January 2015

Torn by Amanda Hocking (#2 of the Trylle Trilogy)

IMG_0898
Original Title: Torn
Year Published: 2012
Published By: St Martin’s Press, New York
Number of Pages: 291
First Sentence: When Rhys and I showed up at my “brother” Matt’s house at eight in the morning, he was happy… in the sense that he was glad I was alive and hadn’t disappeared forever.
Goodreads Rating: 4/5
Plot (taken from Goodreads):
Acknowledging that she was different from everyone else wasn't difficult for Wendy, she'd always felt like an outsider. But a new world and family is a little hard for any girl to accept. Leaving behind the country of her birth, she is determined to fit back into normal life. But the world she's left won't let her go that easily.
My thoughts:
I know I said when I reviewed Switched that there was something that I didn't like but couldn't put my finger on. There were no such thing in Torn. I really enjoyed this book and was entertained pretty much the whole way through, 
All the characters we got introduced to during the first book(Wendy, Finn, Willa,Tove, Elora, Matt, Rhys and so on) make a reappearance in the second, and we also get introduced to many new brilliant characters. 
We get to meet Loki, a vittra Markis who is sassy and brilliant in so many ways. He brings a lot more humour and life to the book, and maybe he was one of the things missing in the first book. He becomes a love interest for Wendy. A clumsy yet great tracker named Duncan is introduced. He is like a little brother that you just can't help but love and is officially one of my favourite characters alongside Tove. Oren is our newly introduced antagonist. He is the King of the Vittra and and overall bad guy. He is determined to take control over the Trylle-kingdom. 
We get to see Wendy slowly grow into her future role as Queen of the Trylle. In this book she makes many decisions that she thinks are the best for the kingdom, often having to sacrifice her personal life, wants and wishes. Her relationship with both Elora and Finn continues to be strained although for different reasons. Tove proves to be an amazing person and does many things in order to help Wendy become the Queen the Trylle both needs and deserves.  
Do I recommend it?
Yes, Although the first book might not be the best, the second (and I will already now say the third) definitely makes it worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment