Friday 20 March 2015

Awaken by Meg Cabot (Abandon #3)

IMG_1135
(Yes, that is my cat. Say hi to Kattla)
Original Title: Awaken
Year Published: 2013
Published by: Macmillan Children's Books
Number of Pages: 348
First Sentence: "In school they told us to follow the rules."
Goodreads Rating: 4/5
Plot:
Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera knew that by accepting the undying love of John Hayden she’d be forced to live forever in the one place she’s always dreaded most: the Underworld. The sacrifice seemed worth it, but now her happiness and safety in the realm are threatened. The Furies have discovered that John has broken one of their strictest rules and revived a dead soul. If the balance of life and death isn’t restored, both the Underworld and Pierce’s home on Earth will be wiped out by the Furies’ wrath. Pierce has already cheated death once . . . can she do it again?
My thoughts:
This is the final book of the Abandon trilogy. It was a good ending to the trilogy, but it also made me want more books with these characters. It picks up right after book number 2, which left us in the Underworld facing chaos. There is a really unexpected and dramatic start to this book which I can't go into detail of since it would only mean spoilers for you. In fact, there isn't really possible to do an in-depth review of the book without spoiling it. 
I will tell you this though. There is a lot of action going on, and all the loose ends are being tied up. We get to learn a lot more about Isla Huesos history, and a lot more background information which leads to so many aha moments. That is actually the main reason for why I gave this book a 4 instead of a 3. Because, to be honest, there are lots of things in these books that can be seen as quite bad (I mean, it's not the Princess Diaries). However, I really enjoyed them, hence the 4 rating. 
Do I recommend it? 
Yes, I do, along with the first two books. It is an enjoyable trilogy and worth reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment