Friday 13 March 2015

Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier (The Ruby Red Trilogy #3)

IMG_1085
Original Title: Smaragdgrün
Year Published: 2014
Published by: Square Fish
Number of Pages: 480
First Sentence: "'That's going to leave a nasty scar', said the doctor, without looking up."
Goodreads Rating: 5/5
Plot:
Gwen has a destiny to fulfill, but no one will tell her what it is.
She’s only recently learned that she is the Ruby, the final member of the time-traveling Circle of Twelve, and since then nothing has been going right. She suspects the founder of the Circle, Count Saint-German, is up to something nefarious, but nobody will believe her. And she’s just learned that her charming time-traveling partner, Gideon, has probably been using her all along.
My thoughts:
I loved this book, and I thought it was an excellent conclusion to the trilogy. All the loose ends are tied up in a very good and satisfying way, and I put the book down with a happy little sigh. No really, I did. I even squealed happily and did a little mini-dance. Like I said, I loved it.
The mystery deepens but secrets are starting to be revealed, slowly but surely. We get to learn more about the history of the guardians, and also a little bit more about the other time-travelers. Lucy and Paul's history finally gets revealed and it is both beautiful and heartbreaking. Gwen starts to get a grip on the whole time-travelling business but struggles with her feelings towards Gideon, especially since she has found out that he has played her on the Count's instructions. Gideon himself also comes to some conclusions that change things drastically.
Sadly enough, I don't feel like I can do a proper review of it, because I don't want to spoil it. However, it is a fantastic ending to the trilogy like I said before, and the whole trilogy is just magical.
Do I recommend it?
Yes, I really do. Like I've said, many times now, this is a great trilogy and I would recommend it to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment