Thursday 12 March 2015

“DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death. JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH.”

By now, you probably now that the amazing British author, Sir Terry Pratchett, has died. He was my favourite author and I was deeply saddened to hear of his passing. From the moment I read Small Gods in my early teen years, I have loved Terry Pratchett and his writings. If you have read my blog before, you already know this. I keep on talking about Pratchett when mentioning my favourite books and authors. Because he is, and there is not a single one of his books that I wouldn’t recommend to you. I send all my love and condolences to his family during this difficult time. It is a hard blow for us all, but I cannot imagine what you are going through. You will be missed, but you will never be forgotten.
I have learnt so much from reading Terry Pratchett’s books. I was taught so many life lessons whilst reading his books. I learnt that the most unlikely person can be a hero. We all have magic inside of us and are capable of miracles. I learnt that there is always a happy ending, but sometimes it has to hurt a lot before you get to it. I learnt that we are all capable to deal with the hardships we are dealt, we just have to make the best of the situation. I learnt that friendships are so very important. I learnt that family comes in all shapes and sizes. I learnt so much and I know that there is still more to learn in the books I haven’t had the time to read yet.
So I want to thank you. Thank you for the amazing stories. Thank you for the life lessons I have been taught by reading your books. Thank you for the amazing characters. Thank you for all the laughs. Thank you for writing. Thank you for teaching me that we all have magic inside of us.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment