Saturday 13 December 2014

Christmas countdown - day 13

A book with Italian connections

When I sat down and looked at this question I first thought that no, I have never ever read a book with Italian connections. Then I realised just now when I started writing this that Romeo & Juliet take place in Verona ... in Italy. So shame on me. Will therefore be a slightly longer post than if I just sat down and said I've read no books with Italian connections.

Romeo & Juliet then. It's one of the most famous love stories ever written. It is usually the first thing people say when you ask them to mention a work written by William Shakespeare. I do realise it is in actuality written as a play, but for some reason I always think of it as a book. I have very mixed feelings towards Romeo and his dearest Juliet. It is classified as a great love story and many times when I think about it that is exactly what it feels like. 

However, sometimes when I think about it I just feel like Romeo and Juliet are just two horny teenagers, who then lose their minds. Perhaps they are slightly deluded even. Pessimist is my middle name. 

So that is my book with an Italian connection. Do you have one?

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, "two horny teenagers, who then lose their minds", love it! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right :D That is just how it feels sometimes :P

      Delete