Thursday 4 December 2014

Christmas countdown: Days 1-3

The first book you remember/read

It's actually a really good question. I do know that I read this really tiny short childrens books as a child, but cannot for the life of me remember their names. The first book that I properly remember is Astrid Lindgren's Pippi Longstocking. I read the entire series as a child and I remember that I loved it. So that's what I will answer the first queston with!



A really short book

Animal Farm by George Orwell. It's only 152 pages long, so it is a really short book. Boring as well. There is nothing more to say about this book.




A trilogy. Good? Bad? Memorable?

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien. It's a classic and it's absolutely brilliant. It consists of three books (that's why it's a trilogy) The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King. I'm a huge fan of both the books and the film. It is the book series that alongside the Harry Potter series got me intersted in fantasy. I can remember so much from the books even though it was years since I last read them (and no it's not just because I've rewatched the films). Tolkien was an amazing author and the world he paints is just so fantastic and rich. If I could choose any book world to travel into it would be this one. Preferbly after the good guys won...
(Not my books, taken from Pinterest)

Alright, that was the first three questions on the Christmas countdown. Hope you enjoyed!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment