Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling


Original title: The Tales of Beedle the Bard
Year Published: 2008
Published by: Lumos
Number of pages: 105
First sentence: "There was once a kindly old wizard who used his magic generously and wisely for the benefit of his neighbours."
Goodreads rating: 4/5
Plot:
The Tales of Beedle the Bard contains five richly diverse fairy tales, each with its own magical charachter, that will variously bring delight, laughter and the thrill of mortal peril.

My thoughts:
I was really interested in the "The Tale of the Three Brothers" when it was mentioned in the final Harry Potter book. So I pretty much bought this one just for that story. It contains 4 other brilliant and interesting stories, that I would love reading to my children if I ever have some.
It's a great companion to the HP books, I also have Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them. The fact that Rowling has written additional notes from Dumbeldore's point of view adds that little extra charm to the book. 

Do I recommend it?
If you love the HP books and the HP world then you need this book. If not, then it is still some great fairy tales to read for your children if you want something different from Cinderella and company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment